Come Gather and Worship With Us at Flowery Branch UMC
March 3, 2021 Dear friends; We are happy to announce that we will resume in-person worship in the Sanctuary on March 7, 2021! Thankfully, the number of cases of Covid 19 continue to decline and the Covid vaccines are getting out to more and more people. We will continue to upload the service via Facebook-live and this web page. The following guidelines will be followed for the foreseeable future. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we return to worshiping in the sanctuary. Flowery Branch United Methodist's In- Person Worship Guidelines are as follows: 1. If you have any underlying medical conditions at any age, please continue to worship online from the safety of your home. Those conditions based on the CDC are: Asthma; kidney disease being treated with dialysis; lung disease; diabetes; blood disorders; immunocompromised; liver disease; heart conditions; obesity. We would also add, any other health issues that might give you concern for being around a large group of people.
2. Stay home and participate in online worship if you are not feeling well in any manner but especially if you have: - fever ; coughing; shortness of breath; sneezing
3. You will be required to wear a mask, no exceptions. If you do not have one or forget yours, the church will provide one for you. If you refuse to wear a mask, you will be asked to leave and view the worship service online. For those who have trouble breathing with a mask for extended periods of time, you may wear a face shield over your mask, in order to take “breaks” from your mask. 4. No physical contact is allowed (hugging, shaking hands, etc)
5. Everyone is to maintain 6 feet of social distancing. This pertains to not just once inside, but from the time you leave your cars to the time you return to them. One individual or one family unit will occupy a pew and will be staggered by seating either on the wall end or the aisle end. Signage will be available to help designate the appropriate seating. 6. Hand sanitizer will be available at each entry point to the sanctuary, fellowship hall, and restrooms in addition to each window sill in the sanctuary for easy access from the pews. You may also bring your own if you wish.
7. All hymn books, Bibles and pens have been removed to prevent the spread of contamination. You are encouraged to bring your personal Bible each week. Please bring a pen from home if you wish to write an offering check
8. There will be 2 points of entry and 2 separate points of exit from the sanctuary: Enter --The front of the Church – Double doors on Spring Street entrance and the door adjacent to the front office, allowing entrance into the sanctuary from the foyer by the memory garden. Exit – Ushers will help each row exit one row at a time. 9. There will not be a formal collection of your offering. However, there will be an offering plate at each of the entrances/exits for you to place your offering and tithes.
10. We will not offer nursery or children's church. Families will be encouraged to worship together in the sanctuary. - We have activity books and crayons available for those children who would like them.
11. There will be no congregational singing or full choir. Unfortunately the risk is too great. -There will be music provided by a hymn leader and an accompanist
12. The sanctuary, fellowship hall, door handles, light switches and bathrooms will be cleaned sanitized each Saturday. - Frequent hand sanitizing is encouraged before, during and after each worship service.
13. There will be no coffee service, fellowship time or food.
14. Please do not linger in the Sanctuary to fellowship. Step outside the church to socialize.
Flowery Branch United Methodist Church welcomes all to worship with us.
We invite you to join us for worship and fellowship at our friendly little church. We celebrate Sundays with worship service at 11 am via video streaming on Facebook and posted to this web page.
Following is a sample of our "Normal - Pre-Covid" schedule of activities. We will let you know when we resume our schedule. Please call the church office at 770-967-3441 if you have any questions.
Below are our PRE- COVID Programs for Worship and Fellowship: Sunday: 10 am Small Groups meet for Bible or Book Studies for all ages 11 am Worship (Children's Church and Nursery Care provided) 5:45 pm Snack Supper for youth followed by Bible study 5:30 pm Women's Bible Study via Zoom conference call 6 pm Men's Bible Study _______________________________________________ First Sunday of every month includes Holy Communion 3rd Sunday of every month the United Methodist Women and the United Methodist Men meet at 12:15 in the Fellowship Hall for lunch together and then have programs separately. Last Sunday of each month Coffee with Friends in the Fellowship Hall before the service. 5th Sundays in months that have 5 Sundays we have a Sing-spiration Service Monday: Girl Scouts meet every other week 6:30 pm 2nd Monday of every month the Golden Achievers meet at 10:30am. Check out our planned events on the Golden Achievers page. Tuesday: 10 am Prayer Group - Join us in the Library as we intentionally pray for members of the church, community, friends and all who are ill or in need of God's mercy. Cub Scouts meet at 7 pm
Wednesday: 7 pm Choir practice 6:30 pm Bible Study and Holy Communion
Friday: 11:00am-1:00pm Food Ministry at the church-every 4 weeks. Call the church office for assistance or to volunteer to help.
Youth Program: Led by Pastor Tyler - Call the church for more information.
Additional Information: Pastor: Tyler Flowers Pastor email: email@example.com Church office: 770-967-3441 Church mailing address: PO Box 490, Flowery Branch, GA 30542 Church email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us and follow us on: Facebook: flowery-branch-united-methodist-church Instagram: flowerybranchumc
Church Address: 5212 Spring Street, Flowery Branch, GA 30542 Driving Directions: The church is at the corner of Spring Street and Church Street. Parking is available on either side of the church. Handicapped parking is available.